The Pacific Edge Hotel in Laguna Beach, CA, recently held a fundraising event to benefit the Mauli Ola Foundation.
The Pacific Ocean was a serene and beautiful backdrop for a recent fundraising event held at The Pacific Edge Hotel in Laguna Beach, CA. As part of Laguna Beach a la Carte event, for only $45, attendees lounged at The Deck and were treated to expansive ocean views, a specialty cocktail competition, a taco cook-off, and a stand-up paddleboard race. The community came together to attend the event in hopes of raising money for the Mauli Ola Foundation, a non-profit dedicated to helping kids suffering from Cystic Fibrosis by exposing them to the benefits of saline treatment through surfing.
The Deck, an open-air bar and restaurant, is located steps away from the beach at the Pacific Edge Hotel, a Hotel of Joy. What was once a deck reserved for weddings and private events has been transformed into a popular eatery for those wanting an ocean view and tasty California cuisine. So whether you’re looking to grab a romantic cocktail at sunset or take the family out for a casual meal, The Deck offers something for everyone.
“Laguna Beach is the quintessential casual, laid-back California beach town with a touch of urban sophistication, incredible weather, and pristine beaches,” said Bill Tremper, general manager of Pacific Edge. “We wanted to create a culturally relevant space, where people can unwind while enjoying quality food and great service. In addition, we want to give locals and visitors alike an unforgettable Laguna Beach experience.”
Cocktails for a Cause
The following mixologists concocted their favorite libations for the cocktail competition guests voted on at this special event.
- Erik Trickett from 320 Main in Seal Beach: Angel’s Envy Bourbon, pomegranate juice, molasses, lemon juice, and dijon mustard.
- Danielle Tarango from Nirvana Grill: Chase Vodka, passion fruit juice, triple sec, simple syrup, lime, cilantro, cayenne pepper, sugar.
- Giovanni Labile from Ocean Avenue Brewery: St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur, strawberries, lemon juice, natural sugar, prosecco, and ginger.
- Gabrielle Dion from Broadway: Zaya Rum, black cardamom, pineapple juice, lime, bitters.
- Steve Garcia: Peligroso Silver 100% Blue Agave Tequila, green tea, simple jalapeno syrup, pineapple juice, grapefruit juice, shiso, and sake.
The winner of the cocktail competition was…Gabrielle Dion! The winning cocktail will be on the menu at The Deck for the summer.
Not Your Typical Taco
Guests were treated to free tacos from the following restaurants and chefs who vied for the best taco in town.
- The Basement Table: Vegetarian taco with heirloom beans, sweet potato, russet potato, chipotle, cashew creme, lime, cabbage, and micro cilantro.
- La Sirena Grill
The winning taco award went to La Sirena Grill, committed to supporting sustainability.
Guests lined the beach to cheer on their favorite team during a stand-up paddleboard competition to round out the day. The following sections enjoyed the competitive spirit for a good cause:
And the trophy went to…SUP Company!
It was a fun and delicious day for the benefit of the Mauli Ola Foundation and all the excellent work they do in helping to change the lives of children with Cystic Fibrosis.